As one of the co-producers of the film Carrie Pilby, I’m excited to announce that the movie will soon be released worldwide! US premiere date to come soon, so keep checking back for updates. Carrie Pilby is the story of a young woman of high intelligence, who struggles to make sense of the world as it relates to morality, relationships, sex, and leaving her apartment.
Directed by: Susan Johnson
Starring: Bel Powley, Nathan Lane, Vanessa Bayer, Gabriel Byrne, Jason Ritter, Colin O’Donoghue, William Moseley, and Desmin Borges
I’m excited to announce that I will be returning to Phoenix Fashion Week (PHXFW) at Talking Stick Resort this year! I had such a fantastic time last year and can’t wait to see all the new fabulous designers that are joining us this time.
The Business of Fashion Seminar Series, presented by FIDM, runs from October 13th through 15th, 2016. Register for my seminar, “How I Did It…$1 to $100 Million in Sales,”which will take place on Saturday, October 15th at 12:00PM. Tickets can be purchased here.
Tai Lopez is an investor, partner, consultant, or advisor to over 20 multi-million dollar businesses. He recently interviewed me about the secrets to building a billion dollar business for his webinar series. Watch the interview below or visit it on his YouTube channel here.
Boss Girl Creative is a podcast by Taylor Bradford that teaches the whats, hows, and whys of blogging, business, and creative entrepreneurship with girl bosses – which is why I had a blast discussing work/life balance, finding a support system, having the passion to create, and more. Listen to the podcast below and visit the Boss Girl website here!
GenHERation is a female empowerment network for millennial girls, founded by Katlyn Grasso. I had the pleasure of being interviewed for her series, “Question and AnswHER.” Every week GenHERation talks with a new woman entrepreneur. You can either read my interview below or read it on their website here.
Kym Gold-Cofounder of True Religion Jeans
1) What inspired you to become an entrepreneur? From an early age, I always wanted to be in control of my own destiny and starting your own business allows for that.
2) What skills helped you translate your passion for retail into a multi-million dollar business? I built my business by having perseverance toward my goal, the patience to make it happen, and not looking for a no.
3) How do you identify and select new business projects to pursue? When considering new projects, I always evaluate the product, the people involved, and the demographic it’s trying to reach.
4) Have you ever had a mentor who had a tremendous impact on you as a leader? Yes, my mother.
5) What is one lesson from your book Gold Standard that high school girls can apply to their own lives? There are several lessons girls can apply to their own lives including, follow your dreams, stay true to your convictions, and always look for a yes.
Thank you to Katlyn Grasso for the interview, and for inspiring and empowering girls and women!
Love this article from Carina O., a GenHERation member, on the #IAmSoGal Summit, where I spoke about business and fashion during a Fireside Chat.
My fireside chat! Photo by @SoGal.
From the article:
During a long first month of my senior year, I began to get caught in a routine and schedule on the weekends with loads of homework, lack of sleep, and no social life. While I could have stayed home for another weekend, I instead
opted to attend the SoGal Startup Bootcamp in Los Angeles alongside GenHERation Founder & CEO Katlyn Grasso and two other local high school girls, Rebecca K. and Jessica A., on Sept. 25 and 26. The two-day event touched on topics of entrepreneurship, technology, and diversity – three topics that I am passionate about – but most importantly, the event was targeted towards women.
To continue to the GenHERation article, click here! It’s worth the read 🙂
Today I had the pleasure of speaking to a number of students at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising with a colleague of mine, Laura Beckmann, who worked with me on the designer brand Babakul. Here are some photos of my speaking event with FIDM. I had such a blast!