GenHERation is a female empowerment network for millennial girls, founded by Katlyn Grasso. I had the pleasure of being interviewed for her series, “Question and AnswHER.” Every week GenHERation talks with a new woman entrepreneur. You can either read my interview below or read it on their website here.
Kym Gold-Cofounder of True Religion Jeans
1) What inspired you to become an entrepreneur?
From an early age, I always wanted to be in control of my own destiny and starting your own business allows for that.
2) What skills helped you translate your passion for retail into a multi-million dollar business?
I built my business by having perseverance toward my goal, the patience to make it happen, and not looking for a no.
3) How do you identify and select new business projects to pursue?
When considering new projects, I always evaluate the product, the people involved, and the demographic it’s trying to reach.
4) Have you ever had a mentor who had a tremendous impact on you as a leader?
Yes, my mother.
5) What is one lesson from your book Gold Standard that high school girls can apply to their own lives?
There are several lessons girls can apply to their own lives including, follow your dreams, stay true to your convictions, and always look for a yes.
Thank you to Katlyn Grasso for the interview, and for inspiring and empowering girls and women!