After a long day of conference calls, design meetings, and overall planning for the launch of Style Union, one of my favorite things to do is curlup with a good book. Since 2016 is nearing an end, I thought I’d write about 5 books I look forward to reading in 2017:
- The still-untitled memoir of Ralph Lauren. Ralph Lauren is an American fashion icon, and his upcoming autobiography next fall will surely have some fabulous, stylish wisdom.
- Where Stylists Shop: The Fashion Insider’s Ultimate Guide by Booth Moore. Moore is a trusted fashion critic who has worked for publications like Los Angeles Times and The Hollywood Reporter – her guide on where to shop will surely be just as reliable as her critiques.
- Carrie Pilby by Caren Lissner. As a producer on the film version of Carrie Pilby, it’ll be fun to re-read the book before the movie is released in 2017.
- The Aisles Have Eyes: How Retailers Track Your Shopping, Strip Your Privacy, and Define Your Power by Joseph Turow. Retail has changed since True Religion Brand Jeans launched in 2002. This book will certainly be an interesting read on how consumers are tracked digitally online and in physical stores.
- The Book of Greens by Jenn Louis and Kathleen Squires. I love, love, love my vegetable garden and am so excited for this book, which looks like it has some amazing recipes for over 40 types of greens.
I’ve shown you mine, now you show me yours – what books are you excited to read in 2017?